Long-Term Acute Care Hospital in Lake Charles, LA
Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) in Lake Charles, LA
Lake Charles Memorial Health Care System is unique in its comprehensiveness. We provide total care for our clients through a full range of services. You can make our Lake Charles hospital your primary location and look to us for just about any service.
One of our services is the Memorial Specialty Hospital. This long-term acute care hospital (LTACH) provides care for patients dealing with chronic or serious conditions requiring more intensive and focused care / diagnostics. Our long-term acute care center is focused on providing excellent care to patients.
Facilitating Extended Hospital Stays
Patients at our long-term acute care hospital often come to us after being discharged from the intensive care unit (ICU). While these patients no longer require ICU care, they still need more supervision than would be afforded in a care facility or at home. That's where our services come in.
We also receive referrals from:
- Wound care programs
- Individual physicians
- Nursing homes / long term care homes
- Acute care hospitals
- Social workers
- Case managers
Advanced Care in Lake Charles, DeQuincy & Surrounding Communities
Some patients we serve at our long-term acute care hospital in Lake Charles include:
- Patients who may be weaned from ventilator dependency
- Patients who require intensive care for serious wounds
- Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Patients who may be transferred from the ICU
- Patients with pneumonia
- Patients with renal failure
- Patients who have suffered strokes
- Patients with closed head injuries
- Patients with infections diseases / sepsis
- Patients with medical conditions that complicate their recoveries
- Patients with multiple system failure
- Patients deemed medically unstable
- Patients with congestive heart failure
Receive more information about long-term acute care, contact the help desk at our Lake Charles hospital today.