Lake Charles Memorial Hospital for Women offers inpatient and outpatient
comprehensive, advanced diagnostic and radiologic services in comfortable,
convenient surroundings in southwest Louisiana. Imaging services are available
on both Memorial campuses. We also offer Powerscribe voice recognition
transcription to enable same day reporting of exams to referring physicians.
Our radiologists are certified by the American Board of Radiology with
extensive training and experience in all areas of diagnotic technology.
Our range of diagnostic imaging services includes:
- X-rays, such as in mammograms, look for tumors or suspicious areas in the
breasts using electromagnetic radiation to make images. The image is recorded
on a film, called a radiograph.
- Fluoroscopy is a type of imaging that shows a continuous x-ray image on
a monitor, much like an x-ray movie. It is used to diagnose or treat patients
by displaying the movement of a body part or of an instrument or dye (contrast
agent) through the body.
- Ultrasound uses sound waves to study and treat hard-to-reach body areas
providing the quality imaging in fetus imaging, breast imaging, interventional
urology and general imaging.
Bone Density Scans
- Bone Density scans are painless, non-invasive tests used to diagnose osteoporosis.
Bone density is measured at the hip and spine with high accuracy and precision,
yet with very low exposure to radiation.
- Mammography is the process of taking digital image of the breast to identify
abnormalities such as very small lumps, areas of calcification, or other
changes before they can be felt by a woman or her physician. Digital mammography,
used at Memorial for Women, allows the doctor to digitally adjust the
contrast of the X-ray after it has been taken
- Complete breast health services, including digital mammography and image-guided
breast biopsies, are provided through our Breast Health Program.
Find it Fast: