Myrtle Brown has been named the 2015 Rosie Thompson Employee of the Year
for the Lake Charles Memorial Health System. She is a 16 year veteran
of Memorial, working in the environmental services department.
Brown was recognized through fellow employee nominations. She continues
to receive compliments because of her commitment to doing a good job and
her caring and compassionate attitude.
- She communicates well with others – keeping a healthy sense of humor
and is always smiling.
- She is orderly, timely, and efficient with her duties.
- She is always getting awesome comments from co-workers.
- She is always willing to help others, whatever necessary.
- Her compassion and inspiration is to be admired.
Brown takes every opportunity to greet and make someone feel welcome. Her
dedication to Lake Charles Memorial is evident each and every day.
The award’s namesake, Rosie Thompson, was a surgical aid at Memorial
Hospital from 1963 to 1983. She made a lasting impression on her patients
and coworkers because of her friendly, compassionate demeanor and her
ability to put people at ease in times of anxiety. In her honor, Memorial
recognizes employees who surpass expectations through their innovation,
caring attitudes, teamwork and positivity, setting a high standard of
service excellence at the hospital.