The region’s newest and largest state-of-the art, 15,102 sq ft. Intensive
Care Unit (ICU) is here and located on the 9th Floor of Lake Charles Memorial’s
Oak Park Campus. The 16-bed, $6 million ICU, coupled with the upcoming
renovation of our existing, 10,180 sq. ft. ICU on the 3rd floor, will
increase critical care bed access to 32 when the second phase is completed.
Critically ill patients in need of ongoing specialized cardiac, stroke,
and/or pulmonary monitoring, or recovering from orthopedic trauma or open
heart surgery will have the latest intensive care technology, diagnostics
and care with the new ICU.
• Doubles the size of patient ICU rooms
• Improves patient and family comfort due to spacious rooms and upgraded amenities
• Facilitates nurse-at-bedside care
• Provides for separation of medical/surgical critical care patients
• Increases the number of critically ill patient beds available
• Anticipates the region’s predicted population growth and increased
critical care needs
Since 2006, your community hospital has renovated and upgraded our healthcare
services environment closing in on $166 million through 2017. And we’re
just getting started.
The future of critical care medicine is here. Memorial. Building A Better
Patient Experience for You.