Thursday, May 06, 2010
Louisiana Society for Hospital Public Relations and Marketing Presents Pelican Awards to Memorial Hospital
The Louisiana Society for Hospital Public Relations and Marketing (LSHPRM) presented Lake Charles Memorial Hospital with three Pelican Awards and two Certificates of Merit for excellence in hospital public relations and marketing during the 29th Annual Gordon and Breaux Pelican Awards Luncheon. Each year, LSHPRM sponsors these awards to recognize and encourage improvement in quality, effectiveness and impact of hospital communications, public relations and marketing.
Memorial was awarded a Pelican Award in:
- Writing – External for Because Accidents Happen, which was written by Jamie Gaines, communications manager.
- Writing – Advertising for Women’s Heart Health Postcards, which were written by Lauren Nunez, communications coordinator.
- Project on a Shoestring for Young at Art Program, created by Kathy DeRouen, senior vice president of marketing, and Jada Darbonne, e-marketing specialist.
Memorial was award a Certificate of Merit in:
- Television Advertising – TV Commercial for We are Sports Medicine. We Are Memorial, which was written and produced by Kathy DeRouen, senior vice president of marketing.
- Brochures - The Foundation at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, which was written and produced by Leif Pedersen, senior vice president of philanthropy, Jada Darbonne, e-marketing specialist, Jamie Gaines, communications manager, and Kathy DeRouen, senior vice president of marketing.
An affiliate society of the Louisiana Hospital Association, the LSHPRM is open to hospital marketing and public relations personnel, as well as other marketing and public relations professionals in any healthcare related field.