Lake Charles Memorial Hospital's Young at Art Program celebrates the
budding artists of our community. Each month, Memorial Hospital features
art from elementary schools in Calcasieu Parish. Paintings and drawings
are displayed along LCMH’s wall of art, located in both hospitals.
Our community, families and friends are encouraged to show their support
for our children by stopping by to view the artwork on display. At the
end of each month, the top three works of art from each class will be
chosen and will receive a $25 gift card, compliments of your community
- Artwork displays for January through December will be scheduled on a first-come,
- Teachers and instructors should call 337-494-2934 well in advance, to schedule
the month that your students’ artwork will be displayed.
- Students must be enrolled in grades K - 5 to participate.
- Artwork must be original and must be submitted on an 8.5” high x
11” wide sheet of paper (landscape format, no construction paper
unless trimmed). Each student’s name, school, teacher/instructor
and grade should be listed on the back of the artwork.
- Artwork should portray positive themes and settings. Individuality is encouraged;
however, the hospital reserves the right not to display artwork that we
feel is of a questionable nature (i.e., violent, gory, etc.).
- Parents and guardians will be notified by a postcard sent home that their
child’s artwork is on display.
- Artwork will be judged by a panel of LCMH volunteers. Every two months
a press release will be distributed to the media announcing the previous
- Each participant will receive a certificate of appreciation and a small
gift, compliments of Lake Charles Memorial Hospital.
The Young at Art Program is sponsored by Lake Charles Memorial Health System.
For additional information, contact our Marketing Department at 337-494-2934.