Lake Charles Memorial Hospital's
Young at Art Program celebrates the budding artists of our community.
Each month, Memorial Hospital features art from elementary schools in
Calcasieu Parish. Paintings and drawings are displayed along LCMH’s wall
of art, located in both hospitals. Our community, families and friends
are encouraged to show their support for our children by stopping by to
view the artwork on display. At the end of each month, the top three
works of art from each class will be chosen and will receive a $25 gift card, compliments of your community hospital, LCMH.
- Artwork displays for January
through December will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Teachers and instructors should call Jada Hoffman at 337-494-2934 or email email@example.com, well in advance, to schedule the
month that your students’ artwork will be displayed.
- Students must be enrolled in grades K - 5 to participate.
- Artwork must be original and must be submitted on an 8.5” high x
11” wide sheet of paper (landscape format, no construction paper unless trimmed). Each student’s name,
school, teacher/instructor and grade should be listed on the back of the
- Artwork should portray positive themes and settings.
Individuality is encouraged; however, the hospital reserves the right
not to display artwork that we feel is of a questionable nature (i.e.,
violent, gory, etc.).
- Parents and guardians will be notified by a postcard sent home that their
child’s artwork is on display.
- Artwork will be judged by a panel of LCMH volunteers. Every two months
a press release will be distributed to the media announcing the
previous month’s honorees.
- Each participant will receive a certificate of appreciation and a
small gift, compliments of Lake Charles Memorial Hospital.
The Young at Art Program is sponsored by Lake Charles Memorial
Health System. For additional information, contact our Marketing Department