Let Our Lake Charles Hospital Partner with You in Your Wellness Goals
Life is too short to spend it without regard for your health and wellness. Our goal is to help our patients feel their best. You can choose Lake Charles Memorial Health System with confidence. We provide comprehensive care for patients at every stage of life, and we are constantly looking for new ways to serve our community with excellence.
Are you looking to improve your health? There's no time like the present! The sooner you take charge of your wellbeing, the sooner you can start reaping the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. This page offers tips for how to improve your quality of life and get healthy! If you have any questions, be sure to talk with your doctor at our Lake Charles hospital.
Tips for Getting Healthy
Here are our top health tips:
- Find out what your numbers are. Do you know your cholesterol level? Blood pressure? Blood glucose? It's important to know your numbers. Not only can this information give you the information you need to provide your quality of life, having this information can actually save your life.
- Exercise! Our bodies are designed to move. Unfortunately, modern life can be quite sedentary. New studies are showing that sitting for prolonged periods of time can have terrible affects on our overall health. Make movement a part of your life!
- Eat good food. For most people, there is nothing that will change your health more effectively than a balanced diet. Be sure to eat and drink lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, legumes, teas / kombucha, green drinks, lean proteins, and healthy fats. It's not about eliminating food groups, it's about moderation and balance! Your body needs protein, carbs, and fats in the right proportions and from the right sources. Good protein sources include eggs, wild fish, seafood, organic poultry, and grass-fed meat in small portions. Good fat sources include some fish such as salmon, nuts, avocados, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Avoid bad food. The flipside of eating good food is avoiding unhealthy foods such as processed foods, white carbs, soda, fried foods, alcohol, and sugar.
- Keep your stress levels down. Take steps to manage your stress. Talk to your doctor about natural ways to avoid unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- Stay hydrated. Did you know that dehydration is a common cause of fatigue? Women should strive for 8 glasses of water a day, men for 12.
Questions? Call our Lake Charles hospital. We look forward to helping you get healthy!