Free smoking cessation classes and resources are offered by the Tobacco
Control Initiative at Moss Memorial Health Clinic, 1000 Walters St, Lake
Charles, LA. Registration is required.
Call JoAnn Brooks, Smoking Cessation Specialist, for more information or
to register for the next class at 480-8308.
These free classes through the Tobacco Control Initiative offer:
- Support group setting – group counseling
- Telephone counselingMedication assistance
- Additional free services from Smoking Cessation Trust for qualified enrollees
who started smoking prior to 9/1/1988.
For upcoming smoking cessation sessions and for class location
call 337-480-8308. Don’t want to attend a class- Try the Louisiana Tobacco Quit line offers
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW or enroll at www.quitwithusla.org
- The LA Tobacco Ouitline offers confidential phone counseling with Certified
- New web-only option offers confidential support program that is entirely online.
- Enrollees can choose phone counseling, web support or both
- Set a quit date and develop a quit plan that works for you
- FREE Nicotine Gum or Patches available
- Additional Free services from Smoking Cessation Trust for qualified enrollees
who started smoking prior to 9/1/1988
National Cancer Institute: 1-877-44U-QUIT (877-448-7848)
Zombie Smokeout (teens)
BROCHURES & FLYERS
Cutting Tobacco in Rural Areas
COPD In Women
Cost of Smoking
Stop Smoking Tool Kit
Lung Cancer Screenings