Another Medical Milestone for Memorial: Cutting-Edge Intensive Care Units
The region’s largest state-of-the art, 15,102 sq ft. Medical Intensive
Care Unit (ICU) is located on the 9th Floor of Lake Charles Memorial’s
Oak Park Campus. The 16-bed, $6 million ICU (view it here), coupled with our renovated10,180 sq. ft. Surgical ICU on the 3rd floor,
increases critical care bed access to 32 in southwest Lousiana.
Critically ill patients in need of ongoing specialized cardiac, stroke,
and/or pulmonary monitoring, or recovering from orthopedic trauma or open
heart surgery will have the latest intensive care technology, diagnostics
and care in our ICUs.
• Doubles the size of patient ICU rooms
• Improves patient and family comfort due to spacious rooms and upgraded amenities
• Facilitates nurse-at-bedside care
• Provides for separation of medical/surgical critical care patients
• Increases the number of critically ill patient beds available
• Anticipates the region’s predicted population growth and
increased critical care needs
The future of critical care medicine is here.