Excellence in Care for Lake Charles Families Since 1952
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center focuses on excellent care for recovering
or rehabilitating patients. Lake Charles Memorial Health System is an
inclusive, full service medical center committed to providing a full range
of services for individuals and families in the Calcasieu Parish and surrounding
communities. We strive to be your primary medical services center-whatever
you need, we can provide. This makes us unique, as we provide numerous
services not offered by neighboring hospitals.
Part of our care at Lake Charles Memorial is focused on rehabbing patients.
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center serves patients in the process of
rehabilitation. We carefully screen patients to find those suitable for
this program. Others may be referred to local agencies, organizations,
or services better suited to their situations. We encourage you to contact
our staff with questions or to learn more about our inpatient rehabilitation services.
Am I a Candidate for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Lake Charles Memorial?
Our patients have been diagnosed with injuries / conditions such as:
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Congenital deformity
- Hip fractures
- Major multiple trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Guillain Barre syndrome
- Motor neuron diseases
- Muscular dystrophy
- Conditions caused by arthritis
When Is a Patient Eligible for Graduation from the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center?
We use these guidelines to determine when a patient is eligible for discharge
- The patient has achieved the result predicted / expected upon admission
- The patient has shown no additional progress
- The patient has suffered an additional problem requiring transfer
- The patient has received the most benefit possible from the program
- The patient and / or the patient's family does not wish to continue
For more information about the Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at our
Lake Charles hospital,
call our office at 337-494-2663 today.