The pathology lab at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital for Women offers anatomic
and clinical pathology, using the most advanced medical technology in
southwest Louisiana. Our lab is fully accredited by the College of American
Pathologists (CAP) and the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).
Services are provided under the medical direction of a Board certified
pathologist and our lab is staffed with certified Clinical Laboratory
Our women's campus pathology services include:
- Bacteriology isolates and identifies pathogenic bacteria that cause human
disease by using rich, selective and differential culture media.
- Blood Gases measure the acidity (pH) and the levels of oxygen and carbon
dioxide in the blood from an artery to check how well your lungs are able
to move oxygen into the blood and remove carbon dioxide from the blood.
Body Fluid Analysis is performed on many types of fluids from the body
other than blood. Often, these fluids are tested instead of blood because
they can give more direct answers to what may be going on in a particular
part of the body.
- Semen Analysis
- Sweat Chloride
- Fetal Fibronectin (fFN)
- Perotineal Fluid Analysis
- Cytology is the examination of cells from the body under the microscope
to identify the signs and characteristics of disease
- Hematology focuses on the examination of blood disorders and malignancies.
Pathology services are available on both Memorial campuses, 24 hours/day,
Memorial for Women Lab
1900 W. Gauthier Road
Lake Charles, LA 70605