Orthopedics Medicine at Lake Charles Hospital
State of the Art Orthopedics Care Since 1952
Orthopedic medicine involves the musculoskeletal system including joints, bones, nerves, tendons, muscles, and ligaments. An orthopedic doctor provides treatment for disorders, conditions, and injuries affecting the musculoskeletal system. As such, orthopedics is a large umbrella that covers a broad range of conditions including chronic pain, arthritis, bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, and rheumatic diseases.
Multi-Disciplinary Care for Calcasieu Parish Residents
From prevention to surgery to trauma care to diagnostics to sports medicine, our experts at Lake Charles Memorial provide a wide range of orthopedics services. We offer our clients advanced, multi-disciplinary care.
Learn more about our services below:
- Broken bones / sprains care - Sprains and broken bones can range from minor to severe. Our orthopedics surgeons provide excellent care for patients.
- Orthopedic surgery - We use minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques to provide advanced surgical care for our patients. Most surgeries and procedures take two hours or less. Our minimally invasive procedures facilitate less recovery time, less trauma and pain, fewer days in the hospital, and cleaner results.
- Sports medicine - We provide advanced care for athletes of all levels and ages. Don't let an injury affect your performance. Our orthopedics program is the official provider of sports medicine care for athletic programs at 22 high schools in Louisiana.
- Physical medicine treatments - Many effective treatments do not require surgery. This includes treatments targeting arthritis, injuries, tendonitis, back pain, multiple sclerosis, and other conditions. Learn more about our physical medicine treatments.
- Diagnostics - Our orthopedics office utilizes advanced digital imaging.
- Trauma care - Our 24 / 7 orthopedic care facilitates advanced orthopedic care for trauma cases. We always have orthopedic trauma specialists on call. Our emergency room staff includes board certified emergency medicine doctors, family medicine residency students, nurses and emergency care certified nurses, and more.
- Platelet rich plasma therapy (PRP) - Platelet rich plasma treatments are an exciting new medical development in which the patient's own platelets are used to develop PRP and to accelerate their body's healing process. This treatment can be extremely effective in treating osteoarthritis, tendon injuries, sprains, sports-related injuries, and more.
Learn more about our advanced orthopedics services: Call our Lake Charles hospital today.