Welcome Medical Student,
Greetings! We appreciate your interest in the Memorial/LSUHSC Family Medicine Residency Program and are happy to share our program’s history with you. If you are looking for a residency program which combines an excellent learning environment, an outstanding compensation package, and quality of lifestyle, we hope you will consider our program which combines the academic resources of LSUHSC-New Orleans with the clinical resources, financial resources and commitment of Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, a community-based, non-profit hospital system. Highlights of our residency program include:
- Unopposed training in Family Medicine with no competing residencies.
- Hands-on procedure training
- Faculty and consultants with private practice experience
- Preparation for practice in an ever-changing healthcare environment and an Electronic Medical Record System
- Excellent Salary and Benefits package
- A curriculum that balances education, patient care, and lifestyle
- A 20,000 sq. ft. family practice center with individual workstations for each resident complete with pc!
- OUTSTANDING RESIDENTS!
Please consider visiting us either informally, during a senior elective- four weeks or two weeks, or as a part of the interviewing process. You will be pleased to discover all that Southwest Louisiana has to offer. If we may answer any questions, please contact us at (800) 832-0578.
We all look forward to hearing from you~ the residents, faculty and staff!
Find us Fast:
1525 Oak Park Blvd.
Lake Charles, LA 70601