Lake Charles Memorial Outpatient Rehabilitation focuses physical, occupational
and speech therapy services for individuals suffering from a variety of
physical and neurological conditions. Our team of therapists uses a one-on-one
approach in both the assessment and treatment of patients. We are continuously
exploring new methods and updating our skillset to ensure our patients'
receive the most advanced therapies. One of our newest techniques for
relief of chronic pain and muscle paralysis is called dry needling.
Click here to find out more this treatment. Whether from a sports injury or medical condition, quality rehabilitative
care can make a difference in successful recovery. Our services include:
- Post operative return to function
- Orthopedic injury treatment
- Therapeutic strength training
- Ambulation, mobility and transfer training
- Balance and fall prevention training
- Sport specific injury rehabilitation
- Upper body function training
- Injury and post operative hand therapy
- Self care and dressing training
- Adaptive technique and equipment training
- Lymphedema control activities
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
- Assessment & treatment of communication disorders
- Cognitive retraining
- Verbal & auditory processing assessment
Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease and Neurological Conditions
Memorial Outpatient Rehab offers rehabilitation for those affected by Parkinson’s
disease or other neurological conditions. Services include occupational,
physical and speech therapy. We offer
LSVT Big and Loud programs by therapists trained in this treatment.
LSVT Big is provided by a trained occupational or physical therapist to improve
movement. This translates into faster walking with bigger steps, improved
balance, improved posture and improved participation and independence
in daily activities.
LSVT Loud is provided by a trained speech therapist to improve vocal volume and
speech intelligibility. This allows the patient to have improved social
interactions and improved functioning related to voice and speech.
LSVT Big and LSVT Loud treatments consist of:
- Occupational therapy or physical therapy, and speech therapy evaluations
to determine patient specific goals and establish a plan
- 16 sessions: typically 4 days per week for 4 weeks
- Printed exercise manual to guide daily homework practice
- Daily functional task training to help implement therapy practice into
Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation
3212 2nd Ave.